Dave Dureau aka Red Socks is described in the ABC article by Jacqueline Wright, by his friends in the Society for Kimberley Indigenous Plants and Animals as a walking botanical dictionary who was a perfect gentleman but also very naughty, passionate, and funny who was just an all round great bloke!
Dave Dureau a true Broome Legend passed away on the 19th June, 2019. My condolences to his family and also to country and residents of Broome and the Kimberley who will sorely miss his intrepid spirit.
- Date: Friday, 5th July, 2019
- Time: 3 pm sharp
- Services: 13 Millington Road, Broome (under the Blackberry Tree)
- Graveside: Broome Cemetery
- Dress Code: Blue tops, black bottoms
- Wake: 6.30-11pm. Goolari Media Enterprises, 7 Blackman Street, Broome
Please email tributes to Janine Roe @ email@example.com